Seven Good Reasons to Join the West Volusia MOAA Chapter
1. Make Yourself Heard: MOAA's Chapters provide critical grassroots support to MOAA's national agenda (i.e. Maintain benefits for ALL Service Members).
2. Giving Back to Your Community: Support local programs like the Salvation Army, JROTC, Scholarships, and the Humane Society.
3. Value Add to Chapter Member Lives: Chapters sponsor programs and opportunities to interact with civic, political, military, and business leaders on issues important to members.
4. Networking with Fellow Officers: Members have contacts in our communities that could be valuable to transitioning officers.
5. Stay Informed: Chapter meetings invite guest speakers who provide information on local, state, and national issues and changes effecting our military.
6. Influencing State Legislation: Chapters support the MOAA State Council (FCOC) that unites chapters in the State and lobbies for state level legislation that effects members and their families, such as funding for state-run veterans programs and initiatives.
7. Camaraderie with Purpose: Develop close and lasting friendships with other members of similar backgrounds, experience, core values, and interests.
For additional information about our chapter, feel free to contact Curt Voelbel: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA - USMC - USN - USAF - USCG - USSF - USPHS - USNOAA